About: Lenny D. Gravier, CPA, is the Managing Partner for HLB Gravier LLP in Miami, Florida. Mr. Gravier has been in practice since 1985 and is the partner in charge of the International Tax Group. Mr. Gravier was formerly a Senior Manager with an International Big Four Certified Public Accounting firm in Miami. Mr. Gravier currently lectures on International Tax issues relating to Entity Structures and Formations, Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions and Tax Treaty benefit analysis. Mr. Gravier is active in Industries related to Mergers and Acquisitions, Food & Beverage/ Agriculture, Real Estate Developments, Sports and Entertainment and Automobile Dealership. A frequent lecturer in various countries in Central and South America, Mr. Gravier additionally lectures at the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business, University of Miami School of Business, the Florida Institute of CPA’s and the American Institute of CPA’s.
Mr. Gravier earned his Masters of Professional Accounting, Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting and a Bachelors of Arts in Political Science from The University of Miami. Mr. Gravier is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the states of Florida, New York and Colorado. He is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
Mr. Gravier is currently an Adjunct Professor at the University of Miami and teaches International Tax and Partnership Tax in the Graduate School of Business. He is also a Board member of the University of Miami Accounting Advisory Council.
Articles, publications and lectures include the following:
- Endeavor Entrepreneur Summit, Guest Speaker, Silicon Valley
- University of Pennsylvania, MBA International Program, Guest Speaker
- Guest Speaker, “HLB International Tax Roundtable “ Mergers and Acquisitions on Real Estate Development in the Americas, São Paulo, Brazil
- Moderator, “Strategies for Trade and Investment in the Americas” – World Trade Institute, Washington DC
- Author, Latin American Investments in the USA-Trends and Industries-United States Department of Commerce,Washington DC
- Publication, FIRPTA Rules and Regulations, Tax Maze for Foreign Investments in the USA, Poder Magazine
- Presenter, “Doing Business with the United States,” FTA Financial Sector Conference, Bogotá, Colombia
- University of Miami- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Accounting Conference, “ Current Accounting and Tax Trends in Latin America
- Advisory Board of the Institute of Global International Effectiveness at the Kelly School of Management, Indiana University
- Board Member of Baptist Health South Florida Network
- Advisory Board of the Sequoia Foundation for the Arts, New York City, New York
- Director, Fundacion Mi Sangre, Juanes Foundation
Mr. Gravier also has two endowment foundations set up at University of Miami and University of Pennsylvania, to help provide minority students with scholarships.